VCA In–House Complaint Process
(Real Estate Agents Act 2008 – Professional Conduct and Client Care Rules)
- Call us and speak to the owner / manager (contact details below). Tell the manager who you are complaining about, what your concerns are and what you would like done about your complaint.
- The manager may ask you to put your complaint in writing. A file will be established and we will acknowledge receipt of complaint within 2 working days. We promise to come back to you within 10 working days with a response to your complaint. The response will be in writing. You may be asked to attend a meeting to try and agree a resolution.
- If we are unable to come to an agreed resolution after a meeting, or if you don’t wish to meet with us, then we will provide you with a written proposal to resolve your complaint.
- If you do not accept our proposal please try and advise us in writing within 5 working days. You can of course suggest another way of resolving your complaint.
- If we accept your preferred resolution we will attempt to implement that resolution as soon as possible. If we decline your preferred resolution we may invite you to mediate the dispute.
- If we agree to mediate the complaint but don’t settle the complaint at mediation, or we do not agree to mediate the dispute then that will be the end of our process.
Note: You can still make a complaint to the Real Estate Agents Authority in the first instance and even if you use these procedures you can still make a complaint to the Real Estate Agents Authority at any time.
The Real Estate Agents Authority
C/- PO Box 25-063